Recommended, reliable and efficient
freelance copywriting and marketing support when you need it.
I work with SEO, digital and creative marketing agencies to support the delivery of work for their clients – without the overheads.
SEO optimised blogs, web pages, newsletters, case studies, features and press releases.
Additional marketing support
This is a feature block that you can use to highlight features.
Words play an important role in shaping a brand’s personality and influencing how people feel about a business and its ability to deliver what they need.
Crafting great copy that tell stories, shares knowledge, celebrates business news and builds customer relationships is what I love to do. Working with agencies in need of this kind of support gives me that happy feeling every time I get to work.
Copywriting & marketing fees
I believe transparency and good communication is key when it comes to working relationships. As such I’ve outlined the fees for the freelance copywriting and additional marketing services I provide below in this fee schedule download.
For projects that fall outside of the fee schedule shown, please get in touch to discuss your needs further.
“Katie is a great writer and I highly recommend her services! Her work is consistent and always brilliant. She is very responsive, always willing help and is our ‘go to’ writer for all of our clients. “SEO agency Client
Working with me
I work with SEO, digital and creative agencies that need a tried and tested way to keep up with client demand for copywriting or to supplement their in-house expertise with a wider marketing skill set. For further information on the costs, turn around time and what is included in my fee, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions when working with me for the first time.
How do I work with you?
It couldn’t be easier to work with me! Just head to the contact page to get in touch. When saying hello for the first time, if you can direct me to any websites and social media profiles you have this would be super helpful.
It would also be good to know the kind of clients you work with and the industries you tend to operate in as this will help me to find out more about your business, what you do and how you help your customers which will be the basis for any work we do together.
Once we have agreed the scope of work and how I can help you further, I will provide you with a quotation based on the number of hours or length of copy you need.
All new customers are required to pay a 50% deposit with the balance due on completion of the work agreed and I I will provide as much as or little engagement as you need.
For those who prefer to provide a brief and leave me to it, that’s great! For those who would like to meet up first (virtually or face to face), or have regular catch ups – that is also great. Either way, your copy will be delivered in the time frame required.
Do we need to meet?
That is completely up to you! Some agencies prefer to put a face to the name and others simply want me to get on and deliver the reliable copywriting support they need.
I am happy to meet you in person, via video chat or talk things through on the phone or email – however you prefer to work.
The beauty of freelance marketing and copywriting services is that they can be delivered anywhere in the world with just a few clicks of a button so there are no distance barriers when working with me.
How much do you charge?
My digital marketing services are charged at £45 p/h and all copywriting work is charged at 9 pence per word for blogs, web pages, FAQs or long form articles and features that I can get on and deliver with nothing more than a brief.
Press releases, features or case studies that require input from the client or you in order to meet the requirements of the brief are charged on a fixed fee basis based on the number of hours I estimate it will take.
Please note that all new clients are required to pay a 50% deposit of the value of their first invoice before any work begins.
What is your turn around time?
One of the main reasons agencies keep working with me is due to my reliability and responsiveness.
Your enquiry will be answered within hours of receipt and I always aim to provide your copy within three days of request or well within the deadline you require. If you need a tighter, last minute turn around then I can provide a 24 hour service with a £50 surcharge on my standard rates.
All new ad-hoc enquiries are booked in based on my availability and existing work commitments as you would expect but I will always work with you and do everything I can to fit you in within the time frame you need.
I will always be honest with you regarding the amount of time it will take to deliver and the availability I have as I’d much rather under promise and over deliver than the other way round.
I have never missed a deadline and have been able to rescue agencies that have been let down by other freelancers to meet extremely tight overnight turnarounds, so nothing is impossible and I am always happy to be flexible!
Why do you charge per word for copywriting?
When it comes to copywriting, I don’t believe in paying by the hour. This is because you, the client will be penalised if I’m having a slow day, or if I’m rattling through blogs because I’ve got my craft down to a fine art, then the service becomes too cheap for me to make a living when charging an hourly rate.
Through trial and error I’ve found that copy writing on a ‘cost per word’ basis works for both parties. The cost per word covers an agreed scope of work and provides a happy medium for you and me. View everything that is included in the cost per word fee for copywriting projects here.
What are your areas of expertise?
After nearly 15 years producing content and working in marketing roles for global consumer brands, UK franchises, public sectors and independent professional firms and trades, I’ve found I can turn my hand to most topics and industries when it comes to copywriting, but I do have sectors that I find myself writing in over and over again:
- Property & Construction – surveying, landlord & tenant matters, valuations
- Health, fitness & nutrition
- Trades – plumbing, heating, windows, doors
- Parenting & pregnancy
- Early years activities and education – nurseries, pre-schools and primary
- IT and telecommunications
- Solicitors, Architects, and other professional service providers
- Online Trading
I take a genuine interest in learning about and researching new topics to a point that I can explain and discuss them in a way that makes sense to the intended audience. This enables me to clearly communicate what your clients do, how they do it and why the’re better than their competitors in the copy you need produced.
Find out more about me and my expertise here.
How many edits can I make?
My fees include up to one set of amends if required as this is usually all most clients need. If more changes are needed or if the brief is changed and a complete rewrite is required after work has begun then my standard £45 per hour rate will apply.
Why work with a freelance copywriter and marketing specialist?
Freelancers are brilliant (if I do say so myself). Good freelancer copywriters will have spent years honing their craft before venturing out to work alone in the big wide world to helping others in need of their expertise.
They can support you when you need more hands on deck or more hours in the day to meet the needs or your clients. Great freelancers are driven and passionate about what they do and will be able to bring the following benefits to you and your clients.
- Freelancers need to be organised, efficient and reliable in order to find and retain clients, manage their accounts, run a business and run a household at the same time. Who wouldn’t want those qualities in somebody working on behalf of your clients and business?
- Nobody goes into freelancing for the money. It’s a labour of love and people who get to do what they enjoy doing everyday tend to be happier and more engaged in their work than if they had to do it. This means you can enjoy plenty of positivity when working with freelancers!
- A fresh pair of eyes that can see your business in a brand new light, bring new ideas, new ways of thinking and a renewed energy are all things freelancers can bring to the table to help you get things done.
- There are no overheads when working with freelancers – which means it’s a great way to trial managing increased workload over hiring new staff. Freelancers take care of their own tax/national insurance and pension contributions so all you have to do is find one you like, get to work and pay their invoice (preferably on time!)
- There is so much flexibility when working with freelancers. You can book more or less hours depending on your workload, they tend to work more flexible hours than the standard 9-5 and they want to work with YOU.
- Freelancers know people! We tend to work with other freelancers and have built up a great little black book of contacts over the years. When you meet one you like, you will have access to a bank of other flexible and reliable experts to help you grow your business too. Need a graphic designer or videographer? Grab an introduction from your freelancer.
Let’s work together
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss how I can become a reliable, remote extension of your team when you need additional support to meet the needs of yours clients without the overheads of hiring full time staff.